Neoplast has developed first time in india a fully instrumented Twin screw lab extruders with integrated data acquisition PLC. This conical twin screw extruder machine can be attached to various downstream equipment to carry out varieties of testing like extrudability of polymers, studying the problem occurring in R & D as well as in practical applications. Mamifold screws, dia heads and downstream equipment fulfill all kinds of extrusion tasks.
The sample material is plastified and extruded through dia head. All measuring values such as torque, melt pressure, melt temperature are recorded continuously and represented in the from of tables and graphs parallel to running test. Neoplast is a leading manufacturer and exporter of conical twin screw extruders with PLC in India.
- Single screw & Twin screw lab extruders with integrated data acquisition PLC.
- Screen changer with provision of melt pressure and melt temperature transducer.
- Breaker plate holding with quick opening arrangement to change the screen pack.
- Geared melt pump ensures pumping of polymer melt at a constant pressure.
- Filter test measurement assembly designed in line with standardization specification norms EN 13900-5.
Screw Barrel Life
Screw Barrel Life is a novel wear resistance coating technique ensures long life of screw and barrel, the heart of the extruder. The wearing layer achived with this technique is denser, more compact and less brittle than conventional Coating applied wit customary methods. We guarantee extreme abrasive resistance.
Barrel Heating Cooling System
Specially designed barrel heating cooling elements (air Power Cooling) and precise locations of thermocouples ensures accurate temperature control. The large surface area of barrel heating cooling elements results into the highest efficiency and lowest maintenance.
Metering unit facilitates accurate adjustment of the screw feeling factor and plasticizing capacity. Metering unit is ideal for materials with the possibility of density variations & particularly suitable for processing regrind and pellets.
The venting port on the barrel is coupled with a specially designed efficient venting pump for effective removal moisture, air gases generated during the plastification process by venting unit.
Due to unique manufacturing techniques, Threaded barrels are with absolutely accurate conical bore. The Threaded barrel is made from nitro-alloy steel with hardness of 50 HRC, which in turn undergoes two – stage gas nitriding to achieve final hardness of 67 HRC.
Larger L/D Ratio
- 45/97 mm conical twin screw, discharges like a parallel 45 mm, feeds like a parallel 97 mm & matches the gearing of a parallel 110 mm.
- Conical 45 mm extruder can match output of 65 mm parallel, the intake section has surface area and gentle plasticizing of a 100 mm parallel, while only the metering section has the excess friction and shear of a 45 mm parallel.
- The small screw front face results in a low axial force on the screws.
Gentle & Efficient Plastification
- The screw surface area in the feed zone is considerably larger than that of the parallel screws offering same output.
- As a result, transmission of heat energy and the plastification in the feed zone is much more effifient.
- Moreover due to larger feed zone, plastification work is spread out over a large section of the screw.
Optimized Screw Geometry
- Degressive pitch in the feed & compression zone ensures the continuity of compression; hence there are no pressure peaks, which is in favor of a prolonged life of the gear box.
- In the metering section, the inter meshing surface area is less, which gives lower shear energy input and addition, the shear rate is further reduced because of the conical screw design.
Continuity of Compression
- By using conical twin screws, compression continuity can be maintained throughout the length of the screw.
- Compression continuity results into enormous procesing latitude & better quality of melt.
Life of Gears
- The pinion gears of conical twin screw lasts much longer than those of para;;e; twin screws.
- As the center distance is much larger, the gear pinions have larger diameter which increases the life of the gears.
- The life of gear pinions increases with the cube of the diameter, which enhances the reliability.
Conical Twin Screw Extruders – NCMT Series
|Sr. No.||Model||Conical Screw Dia(mm)||Screw Length(L/D)||Main Motor(AC Drive) (kW)||Maximum Pipe OD (mm)||Output Capacity (Kg/Hr)||Connected Installed Capacity (kW)|
|1||NCMT-20||2 x 20||330||3.7||2.5||9||11|
|2||NCMT-35||2 x 35||790||11||50||80||20|
|3||NCMT-45||2 x 45||1025||15||160||170||25|
|4||NCMT-58||2 x 58||1320||37||200||270||58|
|5||NCMT-80||2 x 80||1830||75||500||650||260|
- Specifications of Conical Twin Screw Extruders are indicative and as a part of our continuous R & D, we reserve right to change specifications without prior notice.
- For customized application the specifications can be altered.
- Output depends on type of material, formulations, processing parameters or ambient conditions.